Saturday 2 February 2013

Starting Out...

This is all so very new to me...  In other words I am not to sure what the hell I am doing lol!!  I have wanted to start a blog for a while and have envied others in the arts arena that have theirs up and running and looking sooooo good.  Hopefully I will learn many things as I go along this road of blogdom!
 I am very new to art journaling, but having a wonderful time learning and reading blogs and websites of some incredible artists and art journal artists, and watching some wonderful YouTube vids...there is so much out there on the WWW the minds boggles.  But I am loving every minute of this learning curve.
I want somewhere to show some of the work that I have been doing and hopefully showing others that it is never to late  (I am 52....eeeeck) to start and do something that you love and if I can inspire someone to pick up a brush or pen and start to journal...I will be a very happy woman!
 I always said that I would be an old age painter, thinking that I had too much to do to paint when I was younger...what a silly galah I was...as now I wish that I had been painting and journaling years ago!! 
I have found art journaling in particular to be very calming and a great form of art therapy, which of late I have needed, if I had been doing this years ago...who knows I might have been a better wife, mother, friend, all round calmer person lol!!

These are a couple of pages that I have just finished.
I am loving this form of expression as I don't have to stick to any guide lines and can do what I want and how I want....what freedom!! 
Until next time...I hope everyone has a fantabulous day!! 

5 comments:

  1. It looks as if you are off to a good start. Your journal pages are wonderful. You have a lot of talent. I love the way you have used color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maricella! My first blog comment..that means a lot. I have just popped over to your blog and have added it to my favourites. I love your use of colour too!!

      Delete
  2. Hey Janene, welcome to blogging and WOYWW! You'll certainly find a lot of journal makers in the OWYWW community, hope you get to enjoy our Wednesday visits. Like Maricella, I love your use of colour. Couldnt agree more about the chance to make 'art' making m a nicer person! If you get a chance, check out the notes on the seperate page of my blog regarding WOYWW...you may have already, I just suggest it to all first timers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janene, dear friend... I am extremely proud of you to take this step. The world needs to see your wonderful creative work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!If this is what you are starting out with- look out world! Woman, you rock!! Wonderful beginning pages!

    ReplyDelete