Wednesday 22 May 2013

WOYWW 207!! How time is flying...scary!!

Welcome fellow bloggers!  I hope that the last week has been very good to you all :-).  I haven't been up to very much this week, working and having a lazy weekend hehehe.  I was hoping to get a lot more painting done on the weekend, but I didn't!  I am playing around now with my new Gelli Plate that I got in the mail this morning...yipeeee!  So by this time next week I will be able to show you something :-).

Okay taaaaa dummmm (think drum roll here lol) to my desk this week....


On my desk is an unfinished 12" x 12" canvas that I have been playing around with, developing ideas for a class in July. I was thinking that with Christmas looming the girls might like to do a work on canvas as a gift.  Got to keep their interest!!  I have been having fun playing with the canvas and have done one for my sister's birthday last week. What else is on the desk are some stamps that I had ordered in from Stampendous! plus the big acrylic stamping block witch is fantastic!!  Also I got some more moulding paste to add texture on the canvas from my local art shop. 

I have a photo below but it wasn't quite finished as I finished it when I got over to the coast and I FORGOT to take a photo of it all completed!!  But you get the idea from the photo as it was nearly finished, just had to put the antenna on the butterfly and a little bit of writing in black just above the flowers.


Now I am going to get my usual big pot of tea to keep me going around all the wonderful blogs that get together over at General Julia Dunnit over at Stampng Ground!  It is great catching up with people that I now feel have become friends.....have a wonderful week everyone :-)!!!

Janene

24 comments:

  1. Love both canvases especially the multi coloured one
    Bridget #11

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, lovin' that last picture - lovely riot of colour and so beautiful.
    Good idea with the canvas class - look forward to hearing all about it in the future.
    Enjoy that cuppa - and thanks for visiting me earlier.
    Hugs, Neet xx 2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your canvases are just beautiful. The colors are so pretty and so vibrant, so many layers. Have fun with the gelli plate.
    Sandy :) #38

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the canvases and the texturing and stenciling is awesome on the blue one. Have a great week. Vickie #26

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what gorgeous, vivid colours abound on your desk. It brightened my day. Thank you for sharing so much colour and beauty.xxx #58

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janene
    I am loving your desk today and there it is your gelli plate I can't wait to see what you do with that.
    Your two canvases are stunning I love the colours and depth so pretty
    Sending hugs on this WOYWW have a great day
    Ria #24

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh lovely stuff Janene..trouble is, if I made that canvas, no way would I give it as a present..!! Lovely lovely colours on both canvases, a sight to cheer my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely indeed! I wish I had been better about taking photos of stuff that went away from me. I recall some projects very basically but wish I could look at them again to recall the actual detail. Heck even now I will sometimes look at something and think "How the heck did I do that??" DOH!
    Happy WOYWW!
    MA (7)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The canvas is beautiful. I'm sure that the class would love to make one, I know I would! Happy WOYWW. Pam#20

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness but I love that canvas..the colours, the patterns, everything!!
    Hugs, LLJ 40 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both canvasses are beautiful, really love the flowery one.

    Hugs
    Brenda 100

    ReplyDelete
  12. Canvas is looking great. Have fun with your Gelli plate.

    Linda #127

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your canvases are beautiful. Have fun with you new Gelli plate. Thanks for stopping by. Happy crafting #3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful colours, love it. BJ#51 with spoon draw!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely colours on your canvas and those Gellie plates look like so much fun
    hugs Nikki #9

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Janene,

    Very cool canvas! I have some canvases that I think I'm going to totally start over -- we'll see if I end up with a big sad mess......

    Thanks for visiting me already!!!

    Happy WOYWW
    Kay (6)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Janene
    you didnt waste much time did you your canvas looks fab, I really must get one of those geli plates
    janet #18

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Janene! Thank you so much for thinking of me for Christmas! I just love my canvas you created!!! =D Awesome~awesome canvas. Love it. Happy Wednesday!
    SueC#129

    ReplyDelete
  19. G'day Janene
    thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment for WOYWW. Yes the lady painting I did is on a canvas. I'm still not the best at drawing though but I want to do a larger one soon. I've been thinking I may do some of Jane D's on line classes. Have you done any of hers or other on line? Your paintings are gorgeous...I really like the female one with paper hair!!
    hugs
    Annette In Oz #4

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice canvas', love all the different techniques you used!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the flowers and butyterfly - what did you write to go with it??
    Have a great week.
    Margaret #153

    ReplyDelete
  22. Me again - sorry - should check my spelling, shouldn't I? Must do better!! I rather like the thought of a buttyfly, though!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  23. your art is just SO full of life, janene - really gorgeous!
    sorry it's taken so long to reply - the days have just evaporated!
    happy belated WOYWW x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just realized I owed you a return visit! Almost missed it, didn't I? :) From what I can see on your desk and of the other pic it looks like you are a very talented artist. Love the colors and how well they go together, not clashing or muddy, just vibrant and deep and popping off the canvas! Thanks for visiting me in this WOYWW and I'm sorry I'm so very almost too late to return the visit. :) Deeyll #166

    ReplyDelete