Wednesday 12 June 2013

WOYWW 210!! I missed a few....

Hi there everyone!!  Sorry that I have been MIA for a while, but I needed a little down time and now I am back hehe.  Not a lot happening but I do have a couple of photos to show you.

First off is my desk for this week....

I am working on a card for my youngest daughter's birthday.....mind you that is today!  But she has already gotten her gift and told me that she wants a card...so I am doing what I am told and making her one.  I didn't think it would bother her not to get one as she has been too busy and excited about the iPad that her father bought for her.  Lesson learnt lol.  On the paper I have placed rock salt and I love the effect that it gives as you will see in the next photo.

It looks like heaps of little daises!!

The next 2 photos are a quick drawing of my granddaughter Andie, which I don't know what I will do with it yet, and the 12"x12"canvas that I have shown on here before but unfinished....well guess what..it is finished now :-).  I am going to show it to the next art journal class that I am teaching on Friday morning and see if they would like to do one in another class.


 
I thought that I would also show you what we are doing in the next art journal class...

Wish you all a wonderful week, and now I am off to visit some other blogs and see what is on their desks for this week.  Thanks to Julia over at Stamping Ground that we are able to share in this wonderful get together :-).  Take care of yourselves.

Janene

17 comments:

  1. Love that rock salt technique! And fabulous colours too!
    Happy WOYWW,
    RosA # 11

    ReplyDelete
  2. great looking desk. I really like the rock salt and shaving foam techniques. Nice art journal pages. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #26

    ReplyDelete
  3. More scrumminess on your desk, Janene, and what a gorgeous portrait sketch :)
    Happy WOYWW and have a wonderful week :)
    no. 3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours of your daughters card and I have done the salt on silk and fabric before, but not paper...must give that a try. #43

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card for your daughter looks fabulous, I am not surprised she insisted on having one, lol! Happy WOYWW, Helen 13

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your journal pages.
    Karen #49

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your journal pages.
    Karen #49

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have some lovely colourful pages and cards on your desk today. Your daughters card looks amazing and how lovely that she wanted mum to make one
    Happy WOYWW and I hope you have a great week
    Ria #44

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the effect of the rock salt and your art work is so beautiful. Nice to see you again after your little break! #57 Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lovely creative desk & all those Dylusions sprays. Happy woyww Jill '30

      Delete
  10. Hi Janene - lovely effect with the salt - Happy WOYWW... Mxx #25

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful artwork and love the rock salt technique, I'd forgotten all about it! The journaling is amazing! Hugs. Pam#26

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations with your daughters birthday. Beautiful paintings and I love what you did with the card for your daughter.
    Have a lovely week.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Janene, nice to see you back ... we all need some downtime now and again. I like the rock salt technique and the colours of ink you've used are gorgeous. Your daughter will be happy that you did as you were told :) Happy WOYWW, Elizabeth x #78

    ReplyDelete
  14. downtime is a good thing, hope you feel refreshed. man, am so loving the colours you put down...adore the church window effect you have on the paris page, very inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely colours! Love that peeping teddy bear! Have a great crafty week! HappY WOyWW
    ((Lyn)) #51

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your colours are fabulous, I love bright colours. The salt certainly makes great little daisies. Love the card and the drawing, wow, so good.
    Have a great week.
    Von # 21

    ReplyDelete