Wednesday 7 August 2013

WOYWW 218.....

Hello Everyone, I am sorry that I wasn't around last week but my beautiful cousin Jen, passed away Friday night 26 July.  I was only talking with her on Thursday afternoon, ( I talked with her everyday) and she was saying that she should be out of hospital on Saturday.  I didn't let on that I was coming to see her on Saturday as I wanted it to be a surprise.  I wish now I had told her I was coming as she told another friend that she couldn't wait for me to come and visit again.  Around 4pm on the Friday I was told that Jen had lapsed into unconsciousness  and wasn't expected to live through the night.

It was a tough time as you can imagine for all her family and friends, especially as we thought, as Jen did too, that we had more time.  You just never know.  A part of my heart left with Jen when she passed away.  Here is the last picture taken of one of the most special woman that I have ever had the privilege to know, and myself.

My cousin wanted me to take her craft supplies as she felt that it would have a good home with me as she felt that a part of her will be with me when I work with them, as I love crafting as much as she did.  Oh what fun times we had card making and art journaling together.. I will miss her everyday.

Here is a picture of my craft area now incorporating Jen's wonderful supplies now all mingled up with mine and I have a little photo up so that along with my late husband she can watch over me while I art journal.

The mixed media canvas is a gift for my sister, who has been an incredible support for me and drove me the 5 hours home the day after the funeral. I am so blessed that some of my family are just not only my family but also my closest friends too.

This canvas came to life by its self, it tells the story that life can have some horrible parts, but some  great beauty as well, we just have to hope and learn to embrace what is thrown at us and bloom out of all the chaos.

I wish you all a wonderful week surrounded by all your loved ones.... 

I am going over to our lovely leader Julia Dunnit over at Stamping Ground and check out some wonderful desks.  Big cuppa in hand and I am off  :-).

Janene

19 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about you cousin's passing. And she left you with something that was special to her. That canvas is so beautiful. Happy crafting #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janene,
    Very sorry to hear your sad news. (It must be nice to be so close to your cousin. Mine have all "vanished".)
    I love your canvas! It is absolutely gorgeous!
    Thanks for dropping by, oh and the coffee machine belongs there, because, naturally enough, my "desk" spills over into the kitchen :)
    Rosa # 16

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janene, I'm very sorry for your loss, you two were obviously very close. What a blessing to have a cousin who is such a good friend, too.

    A very lovely canvas, Janene, very thoughtful.

    :)trisha
    #17ish this week
    with an ATC and mail art

    ReplyDelete
  4. Supporting hugs during your time of sorrow. (X) Lovely canvas piece. Thanks for the earlier visit! Happy WOYWW! Nan G #8

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending my sincere sympathy for the loss of your beloved Jen. I know when you sit at your desk and create beautiful work with her things, you will think of Jen with love and remember the wonderful times you spent together. How very special that you and your cousin shared a love of crafting.

    Your canvas portrays so beautifully the nature of life with all its ups and downs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to read your news, and that you weren't able to see her at the end. But it's wonderful you were so close, and that you have such happy memories of a lovely cousin and friend. She will always be in your heart - not least when you use the crafty bits she wanted you to have. Hugs and prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear your sad news. I am thinking of you. Jen will live on in your lovely craft as you use what she left for you. The canvas you made is truly beautiful. Julie Ann xx #41

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your canvas Janene so meaningful, and here's a hug, so sorry for your lose. RobynO#52

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very sorry to read of your loss Janene - my heart goes out to you. You seem to have endured a lot of sadness in your life.

    Wonderful canvas for your sister, sure she will love it.

    love and thoughts to you and your family.
    Lynda x
    #82

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janene, I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart is breaking for you. My sweet sister passed away last November,still fresh in my mind and heart. I'm really happy for you to have shared a crafting passion with her and so much more. My sincere thoughts and prayers for you during this difficult time. Hugs, SueC

    ReplyDelete
  12. Janene, I was touched to read your tribute to your cousin and the love you have for her shone through.A few days ago I was looking through some quotes and found this one from Isla Paschal Richardson I thought you may like.

    Grieve not, nor speak of me with tears, but laugh & talk to me as if I were beside you. I loved you so - it was heaven here with you.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry for your loss, Janene. Your art seems to reflect quite perfectly, what matters most...
    Hugs!
    Jana #71

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am very sorry to hear Your Friend. I lost my friend some months ago. You have difficult time now, but I can tell that art helps. When You take Your brush to hand and start to paint You forget all.
    Your painting is amaising and wonderful, I like it very much. The backround and up is very interesting and artistic.

    Uuna #47

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry for your terrible loss. Having her supplies mingled with yours and complementing your collection is a great way to appreciate the memory of her. And your canvas is just super awesome! I wish you all the strength you need. Suzanne #49

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so sad, I am so sorry for your loss! I am sure your cousin will be with you every time you sit down to create, I hope that is a great comfort to you!
    Your canvas is so beautiful!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry for your loss and your canvas is just wonderful may you find comfort in it when ever you look at it hugs Nikki 7

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sorry that you lost your dear friend, cousin. Losing loved ones is very hard, I wish you all the very best.
    Happy WOYWW nevertheless ...
    Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  19. Janene I am so sorry for your loss. Over the coming weeks may knowing you have the support of your family and that you are in the thoughts of so many bring you some comfort during this difficult time. Your canvas is beautiful and I am sure having Jen's crafting items and her photo will keep her close. Danie #14

    ReplyDelete