Wednesday 24 July 2013

Good Grief is it WOYWW 216??? I have been away tooo long!

Hello Everyone!!  I am sorry that I haven't been up and running so to speak on my blog...grrrr, life has a way of getting in the road and don't you agree that this year is just zipping along at the speed of light??? I don't know if I am Arthur or Martha of late lol.

I had a great week with my cousin, we managed to get out a bit with  her in the wheelchair and me and my bad back.  We were hilarious together, I kept running her into things as I only have my L's driving the wheelchair and I needed the wheelchair to walk as far as we did to hold me up!  We kept laughing that we are two broken down chubby ladies (although we didn't put it quite so delicately as I have done here lol) that needed to help each other to get anywhere!!

I am sad to say that she is in hospital again, and she said that she feels that she is at the pointy end of the stick now, and God love her she was comforting me!!  She is truly one of God's angels.

I have a photo of my VERY messy desk this week and I REALLY do need to do something about it as I am starting to lose things....hmmmm not good!!


The rest of the photos are some art journaling that I have done while at my cousins and a couple of mixed media canvas's that I have done for classes that I am teaching. 







Thanks to the wonderful Julia Dunnit over at Stamping Ground, I am off to look at some of the great desks that I have missed seeing over the last month....Huge cup of tea next to me and off I go :-)!  Have a great week everyone!!

Janene

15 comments:

  1. I can just imagine you falling over the wheelchair instead of pushing it. Dubbo huh, close enough for me to reach out and touch your desk lol
    Bridget #24

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy WOYWW. I am always saying that I need one of those mobility scooters to get around on - and they look fun! Fab pages. Ali x #68

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welome back and thanks for the visit already. I loose things sitting still at my desk every day and I do clean up in between, I just live in my own Bermuda Triangle! Bad backs are the pits, I have one too! Love your canvases and your pages. #21

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see you back, Janene! I looked for you over the weeks. These journal pages are just lovely, especially the tree! Happy WOYWW. Julie Ann #17 x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful journal pages & welcome back to the fold. Happy woyww Jill #63

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your journal pages, gorgeous colours. YOur desk would be right at home in my place, I can't work unless I'm in a mess (he he). Still laughing at your antics with your cousin.
    Have a great week and lets hope it warms up soon, it's freezing up here in Brissie too!
    Von #52

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Janene, for being my first WOYWW visitor! At our age, we just have to laugh at our time on the end of the pointy stick since that is where we seem to stay! Wishing you and your cousin good spirits and less pain.

    Your journal pages and canvases are exquisite! What beautiful inspiration for those of us wishing to tip our toes in the water of mixed media.

    Lynn #67

    ReplyDelete
  8. Much love to your cousin, she sounds lovely. Your journal pages are all divine, such fabulous colours.

    lynda #1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janene
    it sounds like you two had lots of laughs and good times and that is just what the doctor ordered at times. Having health problems can make for very difficult and lonely days so to share days with people that understand means so much more.
    Sorry to hear your cousin is back in hospital I hope they can help her and get her back home very soon
    Sending hugs on WOYWW and hope you have a great week
    Ria #44

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, there is always something--and you are so right, it's at the speed of light, isn't it?

    Your pages are beautiful, Janene. I pray your cousin feels better soon, and that neither one of you gets discouraged!

    Oh hey, we both moved up the number just a bit--you're #66 now! Happy woyww to you,
    :)trisha
    #63 this week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Doesn't look to me as though anything is lost on that desk..... it's all there.
    love your art journal

    Bishopsmate #76

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had some wonderful fun with your cousin its always great to have a good laugh especially when not 100% well, here's to a speedy and pain-free recovery. Your journal pages are gorgeous as are your canvasses. Really loving your Paris Canvas. Happy WOYWW! Danie #72

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have me chuckling over the two old ladies bit...as I'm falling apart my self. Cool journal pages but WOW! Love the fab canvases! My hope is to one day be able to create such lovely pieces. Started with cards (teach those) and am slowly making my way into the mixed media world. Thanks for the earlier visit. Happy WOYWW! Nan G #49

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Janene
    Thanks for dropping by my blog for WOYWW.yes come up to nice warm Darwin LOL...Dubbo would be too cold for me that is for sure. Hope your back gets better soon and your cousin feels allot better too. Im a nurse but hate hospitals! Love all your journals and art works esp the Paris canvas
    Hugs
    Annette In Oz #60

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Janene, happy to read of quality time with your cousin - laughter really is a medicine isn't it!Really enjoying the sight of your desk and the work on the canvases, I'd take the class in a shot..all your colour use draws me in.

    ReplyDelete