Wednesday 18 September 2013

WOYWW 224!!

Hello everyone!!  I missed last week as I had to look after the grandchildren and they certainly keep me on my toes lol!  But they are great kids and I just love them to bits :-).  Looking forward to early November when number 3 grandchild is born...... Where have the years gone as I don't feel old enough to be a grandmother!!
This is my photo this week of my desk.....
I bought a couple of things this morning after I dropped one daughter off at work and the other at school and called in at the craft shop.  I had left my heat gun there from Friday's art journal class, and of course Michelle had gotten some new things in......not good for my art supply addiction hehe.  The girl stamp is for the children's class that I will be teaching during the schools holidays and the stencil, well I just liked it and the paper doilies will look great on an art journal page or a canvas and last but not least I just fell in love with the stamped words and I can see that they will get a lot of use.  In case you are wondering what is hanging off my desk...it is magic tape that I used as a mask with the Gelli Plate and I left it to dry and have used it on an art journal page which is not quite finished yet so will show you next week.  Also the pink shoe which some of you asked about a couple of weeks ago, holds the magic tape.  It was at my local Post Office and it just tickled my fancy :-).

These 2 photos are the samples for the class that I had last Friday.  The girls have a choice of doing a journal page or a canvas.  I didn't put any words on them this time as I felt that the girls could choice to do so if they wanted.  It was a great time and we went well over time!!  But the girls got to finish their pieces and I have to say that they did a wonderful job on them, I was so proud as it is great to see them accomplish something that they felt that they could not do and have it turn out so well!!
I am going to pop over to Julia's at Stamping Ground and check out some of the wonderful desks from around the world...hope you can join me.

Have a fantastic week :-)

Janene x


17 comments:

  1. Love your samples for your class. And yes we are all spending addicts when it comes to new supplies. But I have to say I couldn't have resisted the girl stamp either. Thanks for the peek. :)
    Sharon
    #23

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janene, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your vibrant coloured creations! They are really eye-catching!
    Thanks for dropping by and for your kind comment. Re. the stamp carving, I don't think you need a book about it :) It is incredibly easy :) (Let me know if you need more info.)
    Rosa # 27

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your paintings are stunning. happy crafting #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janene, wow your bright colours are awesome, love the pink shoe and I don't think your desk looks messy at all, just busy lol. Thanks for your earlier visit....the little coffin I'm making is for a swap, I've just finished lining it actually but I'll post update pics next week.
    Cheers from Elaine #28

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post congrats on the new grand baby on the way!
    Love your canvas nice choice of colour
    Those prima girl stamps are fab
    Jackie 31
    Scrapbangwallop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your colour choices.Great canvas.I can imagine this in fabrics too.
    Lovely news re new grand baby!
    judy #18

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've said this before, but I'll say it again! You must be such a wonderful teacher who gives her students a sense of empowerment! These samples are breathtakingly lovely! Have a great day! Julie Ann xx #45

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful samples! love the new goodies you bought too! Happy WOYWW! Lindsay #8

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how beautiful those samples are :-) Thank you for telling me about the shoe.... I did ask at the time coz I couldn't work it out ! :-) Made me smile though with the colour of it :-D

    HAPPY WOYWW 124

    IKE in Greece #49

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello,Thanks for the peak and have a great day . Roberta 7

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, such lovely work. I can see why you teach as you are very talented. I love when you work with someone who doesn't think they "can" but realize afterwards it is in them. SO great! I spot the Julie Netting doll, and love her. I have a bunch of them and they are so popular with stampers who come to play with me. Enjoy the day! Winnie#83

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Janene
    I love that new stencil you have bought I have a real thing for masks and stencils and as I have so many I think it is time for me to buy a gelli plate.
    The canvas and journal page that you did with your group of ladies is so pretty, really like them
    Have a great day today and a wonderful weekend
    Ria #61

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Janene,

    I had to go to last weeks post to check out the pink shoe -- it is REALLY pink! The kids are really going to enjoy the girl stamp that you purchased. I have several stencils (one is a doily) that I enjoy using on my mixed media canvases. Next I'm going to try art journaling. I've been "pinning" away and have so much inspiration. I can add your canvases and the pages from the previous post to the list!

    Thanks for sharing.
    Happy WOYWW
    Kay (34)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Janene you have definitely been busy. I am loving the beautiful canvasses from your class, and those words stamps look fabulous. Hope you have a great week and get to enjoy more time with the grandchildren. Danie #38

    ReplyDelete
  15. The class samples are fab! Now that's a class I would love to take! Hmm, think I need to take a closer look at that stencil. :) Thanks for the earlier visit! Happy WOYWW! Nan G #3

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have that stencil! I would love to see what you do with it. Those samples are beautiful! Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier. April #115

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab Samples Janene. I am enjoying painting on canvas at present, but finding time to finish is a problem

    Workshops are fabulous and I bet the participants were thrilled with their makes.

    TFS and crafty hugs
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete